We live in a data based world. In fact, the amount of existing digital data is growing rapidly, doubling every two years, and our lifestyle is changing. Now that Hadoop and other architectures have solved the storage problem, the main focus of the data has shifted to processing this large amount of data.
The following topics are covered in this blog :
- Introduction to Data Science, Big Data & Data Analytics
- What does Data Scientist, Big Data Professional & Data Analyst do?
- Skill-set required to become Data Scientist, Big Data Professional & Data Analyst
- Real time Use-case
Do you want to become a Data Science Expert join the Live Training Program on Naresh I Technologies .
Introduction to Data Science, Big Data, & Data Analytics
Let us start by understanding the terms Data Science Vs Big Data Vs Data Analytics.
What Is Data Science ?
- Data science is a combination of different tools, methods, and automated learning principles aimed at finding hidden patterns from source data.
- It involves solving a problem through various ways of solving it, on the other hand designing and developing new processes for data modeling and production using different prototypes, algorithms, prediction models, and custom analysis.
What is Big Data ?
- Big data refers to large amounts of data that are poured from different data sources and have different formats.
- It is one that can be used to analyze the best results and statistics that lead to strategic business moves.
What is Data Analytics ?
- Data Analytics is the science of reviewing source data with the objective of reaching outcome about that information.
- This is to find useful information in the data to support decision making. This process involves analyzing, cleaning, modifying, and modeling data.
What Does Data Scientist, Big Data Professional & Data Analyst Do ?
What does a Data Scientist do ?
- Data scientists conduct a study analysis to find statistics from the data. They also use various advanced machine learning methods to identify the occurrence of a particular event in the future.
- This includes identifying hidden patterns, anonymous contacts, market trends, and other useful business information.
Do you want to become a Data Science Expert join the Live Training Program on Naresh I Technologies.
What do Big Data Professionals do ?
- The responsibilities of a large data expert are to manage large volumes of database data collected from a variety of high-speed sources.
- Big Data Specialists describe the structure and nature of a large data solution and how it can be distributed using large data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Kafka.
Looking for a Data Science Mock Interview Test Join Naresh I Technologies.
What does a Data Analyst do ?
Data analysts translate numbers into plain English. Each business collects data such as sales statistics, market research, logistics or transportation costs. The job of a data analyst is to take that data and help companies make better business decisions.
Real Time use-case
User behavior refers to the interaction of a user with a Netflix service, and data scientists use data to understand and predict behavior. For example, how will a change to a Netflix product affect members’ viewing time ?
To improve the streaming experience, data scientists look at QoE measurements, which can influence user behavior. A metric interest rate is a refund rate, which is a measure to temporarily block playback. Another metric is bitrate, which refers to the quality of the image presented / viewed – the lowest bitrate is similar to the blurred image.