If you figure out the 50 best jobs in the US, you will find DevOps Engineer in the second spot. And their role has jumped to almost top on all the jobs site. Their salary lies in between $137000 and $191000 as predicted by a top job site. In this post, we are going to talk about how we can become DevOps Engineer. You find the complete details below, and you will thus get a path for becoming a DevOps Engineer. However, the question arises who a DevOps Engineer is. This blog will let you know this. And if you want to learn DevOps, you can contact Naresh I Technologies. We provide complete DevOps training for all DevOps certifications. Naresh I Technologies also is the number one computer training institute in Hyderabad and among the top five computer training institutes in India.
However, who is a DevOps Engineer?
He knows the SDLC and holds complete knowledge of all the automation tools used in CI/CD pipelines.
Still, you are not clear? Have a read through the below blog.
So, who is the DevOps Engineer?
You are a developer or you happen to be an Operations or a Quality Assurance guy, or you are a fresher who wants to become a DevOps Engineer. However, it is not that easy to become a DevOps Engineer. It’s a long battle that you are going to fight. Remember that a DevOps engineer is not just a person who can work on various tools he is a person who knows how and where we can make use of development, deployment, and testing technologies for ensuring maximum profit, and that means you come up with the best architecture for SDLC results.
Now let’s start the post and understand how we can become the DevOps Engineer.
How we become a DevOps Engineer? What is the DevOps Engineer Roadmap?
Let’s begin the journey hence, and find the skills to become a DevOps Engineer.
- We need to know the Linux fundamentals and the scripting languages.
- We should have a good knowledge of different development deployment and testing technologies. Hence, we need DevOps tools such as Git, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Splunk, And Nagios.
- You need experience in developing the CI/CD pipelines.
- You need to have a good understanding of the concepts like infrastructure as code,
- You need to know the cloud service platforms like Azure, AWS, and GCP.
Now have a look at the below road map:
Source Code Management Skills like version Control System such as Git:
- You need proficiency with one version control system like Git, and you need practical knowledge of the version control system.
Learn how you can build the tools and the source code management tools to ensure the continuous build/continuous integration like CI.
- Once you know Git, your next step is to understand how you can automate the build process. And you need to continuously build with the most current commit to the source code repository. And for that, you need to realize how the automation servers such as Jenkins work. And you need to understand how we can integrate the build tools such as the Maven with the source code management tools such as Git. And the process is known as continuous integration. We need to develop a continuous integration pipeline.
Learn how we can ensure continuous integration for the next step, which is the Continuous delivery for Continuous testing:
- The next step is to understand how we can automate the testing stage, and you need to ensure it’s less “complex,” as there are problems like code working fine in the development environment though it fails in the test environment. And you need to understand how you can replicate the Dev environment in the test environment. And for this, you need to ensure that you know the tools such as Puppet, Chef, etc. And you also need to know the Docker containers for the above purpose. Hence, Docker is essential. You should know how to perform the testing continuously after each commit. You have to integrate the testing tools like the Selenium with the Jenkins. And we know this as continuous delivery.
Learn how you can deploy and configure the Development, Testing, and the Production Environment
- You need to understand how you can securely deploy the application in the production server. You should know the tools such as Puppet, Docker to configure and deploying in the production environment.
Learn how you can monitor the tools for collecting important feedbacks:
- It is quite an essential thing for the DevOps engineer to understand how they can collect the feedback and implement the changes in no time, and for that, they need the monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk and various other similar tools like Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
Understand how the Cloud Service platforms work:
- Apart, you need to have complete knowledge of the cloud technologies and understand how to use the cloud and DevOps together. The majority of the organization use cloud infrastructure, and hence you have to know about the clouds.
Hence, it’s not that easy to become a DevOps engineer, though once you take this pain, you have a bright future.
In the end, you need to understand that only theoretical knowledge is not enough for becoming a DevOps Engineer. You need practical experience. Make sure at first that you have the theoretical knowledge. However, after that, you also need to understand the theory practically. Hence, ensure that you work on as many projects on DevOps as you can. And, we can provide you the chance to have theoretical as well as practical knowledge. And, we will also ensure for you live projects for practical experience.
You can contact Naresh I Technologies for your DevOps online training. We provide DevOps training in Hyderabad and USA, and in fact, you can contact us from any part of the world through our phone or online form on our site. Just fill it and submit it, and one of our customer care executives will be contacting you. And what else you get:
- You have the freedom to choose from DevOps online training and classroom training.
- Chance to study from one of the best faculties and one of the best DevOps training institutes in India
- Nominal fee affordable for all
- Complete training
- You get training for tackling all the nitty-gritty of DevOps.
- Both theoretical and practical training.
- And a lot more is waiting for you.
You can contact us anytime for your DevOps training and from any part of the world. Naresh I Technologies caters to one of the best DevOps training in India.