Whenever we are considering the computer for computing then the concept of Operating system is also come into our consideration. Merely the operating system is a software that enables the communication between computer hardware and software. It is used to make the hardware of the system useable. It conveys input to get processed by the processor and brings output to the hardware to display it.
What is Linux ?
- The Linux is an open-source operating system like other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, iOS, Google android, etc.
- It is broadly used to denotes a complete family of free and open-source software operating system (for which we need not require to pay anything) distributions.
- These are completely get built around the Linux kernel.
- It was first started as a clone of the MINIX operating system. In order to bring such things feasible, some Open-source contributors are going to add the kernel of Linux and side by side they also expanded the feature of the hardware compatibility.
- So, the most important and reliable feature of Linux’s hardware is that it can support much hardware without having any compatibility issues and they are free.
- So,the free licensing made the Linux to become more popular choice for everyone for desktop and server computing.
- It can be used from wristwatches to supercomputers.
- It is very effective and reliable, so it is being used everywhere in our day to day used devices like phones, laptops, PCs, cars and even in refrigerators.
- Since it is easily compatible with all hardware, so it is very much famous among developers and normal computer users.
Linux Installation :
To install the Linux OS into the system, we need to proceed as below. Here it should be noted that we are having some prerequisite which must be needed to have with us. The most familiar version of Linux is Ubuntu. Here I am going to discuss the installation process of Ubuntu.
Presently the Ubuntu is considered as a best option for desktop and laptops which includes almost everything that we usually need to run our organization, enterprise, school, or home. This software is open source, freely accessible, most secure, and reliable. It can be get installed very easily without having any compatibility issues.
Before we go for starting the installation of the software the following listed facts should be get cleared:
- Your system should be properly get connected to a power source (Mostly it should be operated on UPS) as the power fluctuation may create the problem for the OS to get installed.
- The software needs at least 20GB of free storage space in HDD (Hard Disk Drive recommended) but if you have lesser memory then also you can install the software in your system. But it should not be less than 5GB at least.
- If you have access to either a DVD or a USB flash drive then it is good.
- Before proceeding to install it is recommended that you should backup of your data.
Boot from DVD/Flash Drive :
As we have already discussed in prerequisite section that if you have an access to DVD or Flash Drive then it is easy to install Ubuntu to your system. Here the all you need to do is as discussed below:
- Put the Ubuntu DVD into your optical drive and wait for the system to get respond. But If you are going to use a Flash Drive like pen drive or SD card then, you can go ahead and plug it into the USB port.
- Restart your computer. As soon as your computer boots you’ll be able to see the welcome window.
- Then select your preferred language from a list and proceed ahead.
- Depending on your computer’s configuration, you’ll be presented with either a large language pane which you can navigate through using your cursor keys/mouse/touchpad or a simple installation menu, like the one shown below.
- Go for option, Install Ubuntu, and press return to launch the desktop installer automatically.
- Alternatively, you could also select the first option, Try Ubuntu without installing to give Ubuntu a test run.
Preparations for Installing Ubuntu :
- When we are going to install the Ubuntu it will ask you to select your keyboard layout, first.
- But if any way the installer doesn’t prompt you to guess the default layout correctly, then here another option is also existing.
- At this case we can use the Detect Keyboard Layout button.
- Then after press the Select Continue option.
- Soon After the installer asked you about What apps would you like to install to start with?
- At this stage you come to have two options such as Normal installation and Minimal installation. But it is mostly recommended that we should go with Normal Installation.
- Beneath the installation-type question are two checkboxes; we reckon to enable both Download and Install Third-Party Software.
- It is also better option If you are get connected to the internet during installation then it will update all its component automatically otherwise you can update it later also.
- But if the internet is not present then it will be asked to select a wireless network, if available.
Allocate Drive Space :
- It is the most important phase because you need to assign the memory to OS.
- Here there will be these checkboxes to choose from.
- If you have an unallocated partition in your HDD then the OS will automatically get acknowledge it otherwise make a choice, whether you’d like to install Ubuntu alongside another operating system.
- Click on Install Now to begin and copy the installation of files to your System HDD.
Begin Installation :
- A small pane will appear and have an overview of the storage options you’ve chosen so just go to the bottom section and click agree option.
- But if the details are not as per your wish then with the chance to go back you can move back.
- Click Continue to fix those changes in place and start the installation process.
Select Location :
- Since As per the before prerequisite if you are already have connected to the internet, then the system will automatically detected the location otherwise you need to select it manually.
- After the location inputted to the window you can check and verify if your location is accurate or not.
- Now click on Forward to proceed ahead.
- The installer will automatically suggest a computer name and username once you enter your name.
- These can easily be changed if you prefer. The computer name is how your computer will appear on the network, while your username will be your login and account name.
- Next, set a strong password for better security.
Background Installation :
- The installer tells you a little about how fantastic Ubuntu is, while it completes in the background. This should only take a few minutes.
Installation Complete :
- After the installation and configuration, a small window appears asking you to restart your machine. Click on Restart Now and when prompted, remove either the DVD or flash drive you’ve plugged in.
Scope and Facility @ Naresh I Technologies :
- Naresh I Technologies is one of the top 5 computer training institutes in India.
- At NareshIT’s Linux Online Training program you will be able to get the extensive hands-on training in front-end, middleware, and back-end technology.
- At Naresh IT you will get a good Experienced faculty who will guide you, mentor you and nurture you to achieve your dream goal.
- Here you will get a good hand on practice in terms of practical industry-oriented environment which will definitely help you a lot to shape your future.
- During the designing process of application, we will let you know about the other aspect of the application too.
- We have taken into account the response of professionals and learners from all around the world on the best courses that can help you become a LINUX Developer.
- These are the best courses that can help you reach your goal. It would be really helpful for you if you check and go through them individually.