Where is Java being used?
As a fresher, you might be wondering where Java is being used. You will not find a lot of games in Java. Also, the majority of desktop tools are in other languages. Also, the major OS is not in Java. So, the question arises of where Java is being used. Is there any real-world application developed using Java? And why Java is considered so highly in graduation courses. You run Java by installing Java on your desktop. According to Oracle, more than 3 billion devices are run using Java. And that is a huge number. The majority of businesses make use of Java in some form. You will find a lot of server-side applications coded in Java. And below we list the kind of projects which use Java. Also, we list the sector and domains where Java is dominating. And we discuss where Java is being used in the real world.
Real-World Java Applications
- Various commercial eCommerce websites and android apps make use of Java. A lot of financial applications make use of Java. You can build games as well as desktop applications in Java as well. J2ME is used extensively in embedded devices. Let’s elaborate all.
- All Android developers make use of the Java programming language. And the Google Android API is quite similar to the JDK. You will find that the majority of Android app developers were Java Developers in the past. The Android, however, makes use of different JVM and new packaging, though the coding still is done in Java only.
- Java is used extensively in financial services. However, you will find that Java is mainly used for writing server-side applications, and it’s not generally used for making the front end, which gathers the data from one server, processes it, and then sends that to another process. Swing used to be applied for making client GUI, however, it is being now replaced by C#. Mainly, you will hence find the Java being used for creating the backend servers.
Java Web applications
- A lot of web applications are made using Java. Various RESTFUL services make use of Spring MVC, Struts, and various frameworks like these. You will find that even smaller servlets, struts, and JSP-based web applications have become quite known. Various government, insurance, defense, and various other departments make use of Java to make web applications.
- Various desktop applications are written in Java like Eclipse, NetBeans IDE, IntelliJ Idea, and various others. At one time Swing was used extensively for writing thick clients, and was used mostly by investment banks and financial services. Now Java FX is becoming more and more popular though it’s not the replacement of Swing and C# is the actual replacement for Swing in finance
- Java is also used extensively in coding third-party trading applications, which is a good part of financial services.
- Even after the IOS and the Android, J2ME is not finished, and still holds the big share in low-end Nokia and Samsung mobiles that make use of the J2ME. You will find them being used in games, and applications in Android through MIDP and CLDC that are part of the J2ME platform. You will find J2ME still being used extensively in cards, set-top boxes, and various others. You will be surprised to know that WhatsApp is also available in J2ME for various Nokia handset and it’s the reason for WhatsApp success to an extent as well.
- You will also find Java being used extensively in embedded systems, as we need only 130 KB to make use of the Java technology on the smart card and sensors. You should know that Java in originality was for embedded systems, and that was Java’s initial campaign, “write once use anywhere” and now it’s showing the fruit.
Big data technologies
- Hadoop and various big data technologies make use of Java. Like the HBASE and the Accumulo as well as Elasticsearch make use of Java, Java is not dominant here as it’s now superseded by technologies like MongoDB, which is written in C++. However, its products like Hadoop and Elasticsearch make use of Java extensively.
High-frequency trading Space
- Java can deliver performance at the C++ level. And hence we use Java in coding high-performance systems. However, the performance is a little less as compared to the native languages. However, it ensures safety, maintainability, and portability as well as speed.
- For all the scientific applications the Java is the default application, and may it be natural language processing, Java is extensively used. Its because Java is more safe, maintainable, and portable, and is available with high-level concurrency tools such as C++ or any of the languages. If you will go back to the 90s Java used to be everywhere on the internet because of Applet though, over the years, Apple became less popular, and this was due to security issues due to the sandboxing model of Applet. And now Desktop Java and the Applet are no more used, though Java is the default application development language in the Software industry, and is used heavily in the financial industry, E-commerce web application sector, investment banks. And hence, Java has quite a good future. And Java will be continuing its dominance in software development for many more years.
Naresh I Technologies is the number one computer training institute in Hyderabad and among the top five computer training institutes in India. Contact us anytime for your Java training. You can also opt for Java online training, and from any part of the world. And a big package is waiting for you. And all is yours for a nominal fee affordable for all with any range of budget. Let’s have a look at what you will get with this Java training package:
- You need to pay a nominal fee.
- You can choose any Java certification, as per your skills and interest.
- You have the option to select from online and classroom training.
- A chance to study at one of the best Java training institutes in India
- We provide Java training in Hyderabad and USA, and no matter in which part of the world you are, you can contact us.
- Naresh I technologies cater to one of the best Java training in India.
- And a lot more is waiting for you.
Contact us anytime for your complete Java Online Training.
|Java Tutorial For Beginners | Java Programming Made Easy|
|Features of Java Programming Language|
|Where Is Java Used In Industry?|
|Why Java Is So Popular Language?|